Fleming & Riles Insurance Home Page Google+ Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Insurance Types Auto Insurance Home Insurance Life Insurance Business Insurance

college students

Young adults heading off to college often have a big decision to make about where they are going to live while attending their classes. While some students chose to cut costs by sticking close to home, for others university dorms or off campus apartments are the likely solution. While living away from home can come with many advantages and opportunities, it also comes with some common risks. Property damage, theft, vandalism, personal injuries and accidents remain prevalent in adolescent communities and on campuses across the country. That’s why protecting students’ property is so important.

In some cases, a parent’s homeowner’s insurance policy will extend to their student who is living in on campus housing such as dorms. The limits of that homeowner’s policy will be split among the primary residence, the home, and the student’s dorm, including liability and property coverage. However, some policies may exclude certain claims or impose high deductible or coverage limits, which can pose a problem for students who may be taking expensive technology and other personal items with them to campus because the allotted coverage for their items is limited. In these cases parents or students may wish to secure additional coverage extensions to protect certain valuable items, such as laptops and bicycles that will be taken to school with the student.  

Students living off campus often have no coverage under their guardian’s homeowner’s insurance policy at all, and will typically need renter’s insurance of their own in order to protect their valuables and possessions. Luckily, most renter’s insurance policies are relatively inexpensive and can be invaluable for young adults to protect their property from damage, theft and other covered losses.

For more information about our comprehensive renter’s insurance policies, please contact Fleming & Riles today at 1-800-833-3279. 

Also Read: Some Things Home Insurance Won't Cover

Posted 1:06 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014

View Mobile Version

Site Links Contact Us Your Trusted Source
About Us
Get A Quote
Customer Service
Make a Payment
Contact Us
Auto Insurance
Home Insurance
Life Insurance
Disability Insurance
Business Insurance
Other Insurance Types...
Office AddressOffice Address:
Fleming & Riles Insurance
636 Pointe North Blvd
Albany, GA 31721
Map & Directions

(800) 833-4379
(229) 436-2408
Fleming & Riles Insurance